Secureworks Launches New Cybersecurity Analytics Application to Accelerate Threat Detection and Response
Red Cloak™ Threat Detection and Response Places the Skills of a
Red Cloak™ Threat Detection and Response (TDR) is a security analytics
application that continuously applies more than 20 years of threat
intelligence and advanced analytics to customer endpoints, network and
cloud deployments. With deep learning and machine learning at its core,
Red Cloak TDR is designed to help customers detect advanced threats and
reduce their volume of alerts and false positives so they can identify
and respond to critical threats faster. Secureworks’ cloud-native
application speeds investigations with intuitive workflows and
automation, as well as a chat feature that gives users direct access to
Secureworks’ team of experienced cybersecurity experts. Subscribers will
also immediately benefit from the
Security environments are often a collection of disconnected layers of
security products that leave gaps where threats can dwell
undetected for hundreds of days1. “Today’s well-armed
and coordinated adversaries operate in a collaborative and
sophisticated manner, yet the industry continues to rely on disparate
tools and siloed, manual investigations,” says
Intuitive and responsive, Red Cloak TDR integrates Secureworks’ threat intelligence which is compiled from billions of events across thousands of security environments and continuously updated to include new and emerging threats. Additionally, Red Cloak TDR integrates data from a variety of third-party sources to give organizations the best possible understanding of their threat landscape.
- Red Cloak TDR analyzes activity from endpoint, network and cloud while drastically reducing the number of false positives security professionals face. It detects advanced threats by correlating information from a variety of sources and threat intelligence feeds, integrating Secureworks’ knowledge of threat actor behaviors, and applying machine learning to provide much-needed context about the threat. Red Cloak TDR builds trust in security alerts and frees security teams to focus on threats that matter.
- Designed around Secureworks’ defense in concert methodology, Red Cloak TDR unifies security environments and analyzes all relevant signals in one place. Users gain additional context so they can quickly and accurately judge the implications of each event.
- By seamlessly working on investigations together, teams can quickly reach conclusions with confidence. The built-in chat feature can be used right from the user interface during an investigation to get expert help based upon years of experience hunting, analyzing and defending against threats.
- The application allows for a quick, accurate, software-driven response that gives users the ability to automate the right action.
- Because Red Cloak TDR is a cloud-based SaaS application, companies won’t have the burden of installing on-premises hardware or maintaining software version upgrades. Updates, backups and tuning are covered.
- Red Cloak TDR does not charge by data consumption, so subscribers are free to process the security-relevant data they need to keep their organization safe.
- Onboarding is quick and easy because the application is designed to easily integrate into an organization’s current control framework.
Red Cloak TDR is the first in a suite of Red Cloak SaaS solutions from
1.Secureworks Incident Response Insights Report, 2018
Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the
meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and
Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and are based on
Doreen Kelly Ruyak